Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Reflecting on a Rollercoaster Year


It’s just ten days until 2011 comes to a close, and our final year of existence begins (if you choose to believe all of the 2012 hype). For me, it’s been a year of...progress. I found that I’ve grown up a lot more in 2011 (HA!) and somewhat matured (LOL!), but now it’s time to think about how to go forward in my life.

When I was about 9 years old, I said to myself that I would go to New York for New Year’s Eve when I become 20 years old. Whilst student finances and my poor spending habits prevent me from doing that in 2011, I vow to go in 2012 when I am actually 20 (and hopefully a lot more affluent). I’m not just saying this because I watched New Year’s Eve at the cinema yesterday. Every year, we watch Sky News to see the world enter the New Year, and from a young age, New York was always my favourite to watch. I loved seeing the ball drop and the party that preceded it, and I would love to be part of it one day.

Studies wise, this has been a bit of a topsy turvy year. While my grades averaged out to a 2:1, my grades for my first year ranged from 45 to 83. I am currently waiting for my grades for my first set of assignments for second year, so right now I am chomping at the bit. So much for getting them by the end of the first term...

I think the area that I’ve progressed in most is in the workplace. I’m one of the lucky ones that can say that I have several part-time jobs, even when I thought I wouldn’t get them. My internship hunt is ongoing, but at least I’m trying my best to get a job after I graduate!

So what does 2012 hold for me? I’m going to treat it as if it really is the last year of existence and do everything I can to make it a year to remember. This means a first in my degree, a fun holiday to Miami in March, a summer internship and a fluke win in the National Lottery so that I can go to New York in 2012! As this is my final blog for 2011, I hope that you guys have a great Christmas, and don’t destroy your houses in the New Year J

No comments:

Post a Comment