Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

MY SCHOOL YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Have you ever found time to watch One Tree Hill? I do, and for the past 5 years, I've taken inspiration from Lucas & Hayley and created "school year resolutions". These are goals that I hope to have obtained by the time I get to the next school year, and as always, they never truly come to fruition (or I lose them in the black hole known as my bedroom). Therefore, I've decided to place my goals on the internet in hope that I can FINALLY achieve some of my aims.

1) GET A FIRST THIS YEAR! My results last year varied from 45 to 83. That's inconsistent to me. If I want to succeed, I need to get over 70 in every area of my course. Which leads me to my next resolution...

2) CUT THE SOCIAL NETWORKING! I'll admit it - I love my Twitter page too much. I don't know why 140 character posts are so addictive. I vow to only do...one tweet a day? Maybe two if I have time.

3) SAVE MONEY. My mum put it best: I spend money as if it's water. I tend to enjoy the discounts I get as a result of my Student ID card a bit too much, and at one point this summer, I was flat out broke. I am not going to let that happen to me again!

4) STAY ACTIVE! This has many meanings- for one, I would like to get fitter. Secondly, I want to earn money so that my horrible spending habits are somewhat justified. Thirdly, this means keeping my brain occupied with university/jobs/volunteering/home life so that I can enjoy the leisure time I do end up having. My mum has been pleasantly surprised with how much I've done this summer, and I'm determined to have this continue through the school year.

5) FIND A SUMMER INTERNSHIP. The Business School Placements Office have been emailing details of internships and placements that are available to Business School students. I'm planning on attending a seminar on the 19th which is about a paid internship with JetSet.

So here are my five resolutions for the year. I hope you find my blog useful, especially to Business students. I'll be sure to keep you as updated as possible on my progress throughout my second year.

No comments:

Post a Comment